Presenter, attendee, and volunteer certificates are posted for those who requested them via our required form by our deadline of December 1, 2014. Here is the link: https://app.box.com/2014geccertificates.
The request process is now closed. If you did not submit a request or you did not follow directions precisely, then you will not receive a certificate. The deadline for requests was December 1, 2014. Try again next year! We will be moving to a digital badging system next year that will make it easier for participants to show evidence of their work within the Global Education Conference community.
To enable your session to be searchable can you please choose and add from the tags below those that are applicable? Then go up to options>edit your tags and add them in before your existing tags. If you have any questions,…"
This group is for college professors and Secondary School teachers who are interested in using social media platforms (such as Ning and Facebook) to create authenticate multicultural dialog among students from different cultures and nations
Discussion and email group for volunteer moderators for the 2011 Global Education Conference. You must join this group to receive important email updates.-----A HUGE and special thanks to you volunteers for the 2011 Global Education Conference! Here are some notes as we get closer: SPECIAL NOTE. The presenter and moderator links for sessions are posted here: …See More
GVC - free, online educational activities and resources to complement the efforts of governments and educators around the world to integrate technology into classrooms and to link schools to the Internet in educationally productive ways.
I hope to network with other global instructional designers and instructors, open doors to additional collaborative projects and develop relationships that expand my expertise in educational technologies.
I am a:
college or university professor, consultant
Grade Level or Age of Students You Work With (if applicable):
Global Education Projects Sponsored By You or That You're Involved In (if applicable):
North Orange Community College District
January 2012 – present
Assignment: Cypress College Journalism Department
Roles: Adjunct instructor, curriculum designer/facilitator of curriculum-led, web-based, blended learning “Complete, Digital Reporting” global journalism course.
• Utilizing Global Classroom as a CMS for onsite and global students.
• Designing an integrated platform for the journalism program to include Global Journalism, Web Journalism, Visual Journalism and Broadcast Journalism courses.
• Mentoring journalism department coordinator in platform technologies and teaching strategies and methodologies.
• Integrating a global academic partnership with NGO Better World Foundation English language students in collaborative, multimedia storytelling project.
Currently redesigning integration of learning technologies Fall 2012:
• Design of eLearning training modules using Articulate and Camtasia
• Assembly and publication of collaborative e-training handbook.
September 2007 - December 2009
Assignment: Cypress College
Roles: Curriculum designer, assistant instructor, supplemental instructor, tutor, mentor (on-site studio, field-work and global), web editor
• Designed and facilitated global, convergent, hyper-media, journalism supplemental instruction program for onsite and global students for the journalism department’s Fulbright partnerships with Lutsk University, Ukraine.
• Provided in-class and web-based convergent journalism tutoring to student journalists both in the Ukraine (at Lutsk University) and the United States (at Cypress College) using Skype.
• Mentored student learners in as a broadcast anchor, script writer, video podcaster, field reporter, videographer,
• Web editor for www.cychron.com.
• Tutored journalism students virtually and onsite, and students across the curriculum in the Student Services Center.
You need to be a member of The Global Education Conference Network to add comments!