Thank you for your interest in presenting at iEARN at the 2016 Global Education Conference.
iEARN enables students and educators worldwide to design and participate in global projects as part of their regular classroom and after-school programs. In addition to meeting educational goals, all iEARN projects have to answer the question, "How will this project improve the quality of life on the planet?"
This year's conference will take place Sunday, November 13 through Wednesday, November 16, 2016 (November 17th in some time zones). It will be free to attend, and everyone is encouraged to submit a presentation proposal, including educators and students of all ages. All submissions in this strand must relate to iEARN project work; some ideas include:
A teacher, class, or group of classes project collaboration experiences from iEARN project participation;
About an iEARN project and how to join;
Ideas and/or project promotions for new iEARN projects;
Virtual media screenings from iEARN project work;
Professional development experiences for iEARN project participation.
Submission period: August 1 through November 11, 2016 (Acceptances begin August 15, 2016)
During submission: Be sure to use the 2016iEARN Tag for your submission.
Following acceptance: Select from available presentation times (You are encouraged to submit proposals as early as possible, as time slots become increasingly limited closer to the event).
Presentations should be at least 20 minutes in length, and all sessions must be completed (including Q&A) within one hour. All sessions will be held in the Blackboard Collaborate online platform (previously Elluminate/Wimba). Presenters are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the web conferencing platform. Training materials can be found at: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/page/training, and live training sessions with the opportunity to ask questions will be organized.
Join us on Blackboard Collaborate on:
Creating your session proposal: Friday, September 16 at 9:00 am EST
Planning for your presentation: Thursday, October 6 at 5:00 pm EST
Hosting and moderating in Blackboard Collaborate: Wednesday, November 9 at 9:00 am EST
Register to receive reminders about upcoming events.
All presentations will be recorded and released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License. For more information, please visit: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/). By submitting to present, you are agreeing to these terms.
Plagiarism will not be tolerated in any way, shape, or form. Proposals must be original submissions reflecting the work and ideas of the presenter. Plagiarism will result in being banned from participating in the conference indefinitely.
You can indicate one or more conference strands (or tracks) when you submit your presentation: Teachers, Students, Curriculum, and Leadership. Your presentation does not have to fit into the conference strands to be considered--the strands exist for the convenience of those interested in finding particular types of sessions. The strand names and tags are given below, and a fuller description of each strand can be found here. Be sure to use the "2016iEARN" Tag for your submission.
How to Submit Your Proposal:
Please follow these instructions carefully. It is your responsibility to make sure your presentation proposal is submitted correctly. You must be signed up on the Global Education Conference network and be logged in to submit your proposal.
1. Join the iEARN conference presenters group to receive general emails for those who have submitted proposals.
2. Read our mission statement and make sure your topic aligns with the goals of this conference. This is not a technology conference nor a general education conference.
3. Copy the following text to your computer's clipboard (highlight and Ctrl+C/Cmd+C on your computer):
Your Name and Title:
School or Organization Name:
Area of the World from Which You Will Present:
Language in Which You Will Present:
Short Session Description (one line):
Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:
4. Click here to open a new forum discussion post.
5. Title your discussion post with the title of your proposed session.
6. Paste the template text (Ctrl+V/Cmd+V) copied in Step 2 into the body of the discussion forum post.
7. Fill in the session information according to the template. If you separate your answers with a blank line and make the questions text bold, it will make your proposal easier to read.
8. In the Category drop-down field, check to make sure the category is GEC 2016 Submissions & Waitlist
9. In the tags field, please add "2016iEARN" and then also use the strand tag code for the strand to which you are submitting your proposal. You MUST use at least one the following strand tag codes:
NOTE: If not input correctly, your session will not appear in searches.
9. Click the Add Discussion button to save your proposal.
You are able to modify your proposal after it has been saved and up until it has been accepted by clicking on the Options button in your proposal.
If you need to change your proposal after acceptance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.