Next Advisory Board Meetings
Link to our meeting room:
Our meeting agenda is here: http://goo.gl/cdd5H
This is a reminder for those who received an email, but may have not responded to us yet, and for those who just joined the international advisory board. Welcome aboard!
Future emails to those interested in participating on our board will come through our group within the Global Education Conference community. If you have not joined our group, please do so: http://globaleducation.ning.com/group/2011globaleducationconferenceintladvisoryboard. If you do not join this group, you may miss out on important information.
Julene Reed, our advisory board chair, and I have set three meeting times for follow up advisory board meetings post-conference. We'd like to take time to debrief about the 2011 Global Education Conference get your feedback. They are as follows:
November 28th at 9 AM CST
November 28th at 6 PM CST
November 29th at 8 AM CST
Please consult timeandate.com for time zone conversions:
Please email Julene (email@example.com) and myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know which one of these meetings you can attend. We understand that due to time zone differences, this may not be practical and we will record these sessions for those unable to attend. If you have indicated which meeting you will attend already through an email to us, you can ignore this reminder!
International Education Advisory Board Member Roles
International advisory board members are expected to take an active role in support the Global Education Conference. Activities can include:
- Actively helping with outreach efforts for the 2011 conference
- Publicizing the conference within your own institution
- Reaching out to ministries of education and universities in your home country
- Utilizing social media to distribute conference materials such as videos and digital posters
- Adding conference badges to your social media profiles
- Volunteering to moderate conference sessions
- Serving as a "super volunteers"
- This entails taking a 3-5 hour shift and overseeing moderation efforts and the conference lounge
- Checking on all the upcoming session rooms 30 - 60 minutes before the session start to communicate with session presenters as they arrive.
- Determining the level of help needed by a presenter (asking them!), then making assignments in the volunteer "lounge" to join specific sessions.
- Helping troubleshoot problems--don't worry, don't let this scare you. We'll have an FAQ for common problems (slide deck too big, etc.), and we will have additional folks to whom you can go to for help.
- Contact Steve if you want to be a super volunteer at email@example.com
- Providing suggestions for keynotes in a timely fashion prior to conferences
- Adding resources to the conference wiki
- Attending collaborative planning meetings
Collateral for Distribution:
November 8 Press Release