Hooray! It is only one week until we are all online again, helping with and participating in the Global Education Conference! This is going to be the BEST year ever, and we are so very excited!
So, what can we be doing now? Below is a list of things you can do to help.
TOP 5 GEC KICKOFF TASKS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD:
5. Spread the news: Twitter, Facebook, Edmodo, Email—all of the social media and communication tools. Now is the time to encourage others to join us, including those at your own institution. Consider setting up a room where the conference is broadcast all week where people can drop in throughout the day. Let's get the party started by making sure we have plenty of people joining us!
4. Volunteer and recruit volunteers. You can sign up for volunteer slots through the website at http://www.globaleducationconference.com/group/2012-global-educatio.... We absolutely want and need session moderators, so please encourage others to help as well as sign yourself up to moderate some sessions. It is fun!
3. Re–familiarize yourself with the Blackboard Collaborate environment. And, if you are a presenter or are working with a presenter, be sure to practice (and be ready to upload your slides prior to the session). You can access the training page here: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/page/training. Be sure to enter your conference rooms early to allow plenty of time to get ready to present and/or assist presenters.
2. Hang out in the conference lounge during the conference...we will put you to work! We love to have people to help out at all times, and the lounge i a great way to jump in to help. You can access the lounge through the volunteer link above.
1. Block off your calendar, get a comfy chair, put your "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door, and join us all in a week–long conference of learning, innovation, and FUN!
Send me any questions you may have as we gt ready for next week!
Julene S. Reed, M.Ed.
Director of Academic Technology
St. George's Independent School
1880 Wolf River Blvd.
Collierville, TN 38017
Apple Distinguished Educator
International Advisory Board Chair, Global Education Conference
Advisory Council, Jane Goodall's Roots & Shoots
Advisory Council, Polar Bears International
Google Certified Teacher
Discovery Education Leadership Council