“My Birthday- A Historical Day”
Thanks for submitting this. This will be a good opportunity for you to get iEARN classrooms to join your new project.
Thank you , nice to see your reply to the post. I am trying to involve as many educators as I can.This has become a real learning experience for me to encourage and engage teachers to be part of the proposed project. Your support has helped me a lot.
This looks like a brilliant project. I will certainly be recommending schools here in the UK to take part.
Thank you Julia. It will be wonderful to have partners from UK. I will be looking forward to it. You can keep me posted for interested teachers on iEARN teachers'forum OR on http://beaconhousennp1.wordpress.com/iearn-projects/my-birthday-a-h...
Kindly use the following template to send your details for the project at email@example.com,
2) School name:
3) School Address:
5) School telephone:
6) Year level/grade:
7) Age of Students:
8)The number of children:
9) Email address:
10) Project starting time:
Some tips to make the experience successful :
- Keep the iEARN forum posted about your experience and project progress
- Check your email regularly and reply to your partner
- You will be assigned a partner school or class to carry out the
project. Please, write to them to check that there is no mistake in the
information provided and that the email addresses are working.
- Be flexible and support each other.
- Try not to interrupt the communication
- Inform your partner if you have a period of holidays, or will be off-line for several days
for some reason.
- Be patient, sometimes delays have reasons.
iEARN International Conference and Youth Summit 2012 Session Acceptance
Thank you so much for your session proposal for the 2012 iEARN InternationalConference and Youth Summit! We're please to let you know that your submission has been accepted! Your proposal is now in the "iEARN accepted proposals" list on the website. Here are some important tasks for you.
1. Because we have sessions being presented from all different time zones, as a speaker you actually schedule your own session time at http:// http://iearn.youcanbook.me. This allows you to see the available slots and to pick something that works within your time zone, work schedule, or other constraints. We're quite proud of how this works, as it is one of the benefits of a virtual conference, but if you should fun into any difficulties finding a time that works for you, email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We encourage you to do this quickly, as proposals are being reviewed in the order in which they were submitted, so your priority for selecting a session time depends on you scheduling right away. When you do select you time, be sure that the scheduling system has the correct time zone for you!
To schedule your session, you should open http://www.globaleducationconference.com to your presentation proposal (you can do a search on your name to find it, or click on "My Page" in the top menu and then click on the "discussion" link on the left side to find it). Open the session booking link from above in another tab. You will find it easiest to copy the information from one to the other rather than re-type it. Once completed, you will receive an email confirmation of your booking.
2. As a presenter, you need to make sure you are a member of the iEARN conference "presenters group" on the network website. Most of our announcements to speakers will be sent to the members of this group, so as not to email all site members. Join the group (or check to make sure you're already a member) at http://www.globaleducationconference.com/group/iearn-2012-conferenc....
3. Presenters are responsible for knowing how to use Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Elluminate). We will have a cadre of volunteers on hand during the conference to help with any issues, but you need to go through the moderator training for Collaborate if you are not a seasoned user. There will be a variety of training resources at the GEC Collaborate website, and we email the speakers group in some weeks alerting you to actual live training sessions.
Again, we are so delighted to have you participating in the 2012 iEARN International Conference and Youth Summit. Thank you!
iEARN Conference Planning Committee
THANK YOU. I HAVE BOOKED MY SLOT AND THE DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS,
Session Title: Project :My Birthday - A Historical Day Your Name and Title: Ms. Nazima Jabeen Your School, Library, or Organization Name: Beaconhouse School System, NNP1 Karachi Name(s) of Co-Presenter(s): Country from Which You Will Present: Pakistan Language in Which You Will Present: English Target Audience: Global teachers, students age grou 5-16 yrs Short Session Description: Project outline and procedures involved with FAQs Full Session Description: My name is Nazima Jabeen and I am Head teacher at Beaconhouse School NNP1, Karachi, Pakistan. I have recently proposed a project on iEARN teachers' forum and have received multiple partnership requests. This Project is completely student centered and it will help them learn history through personal reference/s. The details of the project are as following,
“My Birthday- A Historical Day”
Name of Project: ”My Birthday- A Historical Day”
Brief one-sentence description of project: Students will find important historical event/s on their birthday and year through online search and will exchange the information with partner students in any other country.
Full description of project: My Birthday, a Historical Day is a cross-curricular project with links to History, ICT, Art, Social Studies and Language. Students will use e-safe online research engine (preferably www.kidrex.com) to go back in past and search the significant historical event/s which took place on their birthday. Teacher will guide students while they research their place in history by giving clear instructions and helpful key words to make search easier. It directs them to find the ‘important’ and interesting stuff that was happening at the time of their birth. Teacher can make pairs or groups of the students born in the same month. Ability wise differentiation can be catered by using different mediums to record the events like Ms Word/Publisher/video-story/blog/video messages or simply handwritten (later scanned for sharing). Once students are through with their research then they can refine and edit their work for sharing through emails, blogs, social media or regular mail. the collaboration can be between 2 or among more than 2 schools hence a maximum of 5 schools is recommended.
Age/level of project participants: 5-16 years/ level 1-10
Timetable/Schedule for the project: 1-2 months (any time during the year)
Possible project/classroom activities: Online search, recording the researched material using Ms word/publisher/video-story/blog/video messages etc and sharing it with the partner school on the online forum.
Expected outcomes/products: Blog posts, video stories, email/regular mail exchanges, Images and class scrapbook exchange
Project contribution to others and the planet: Collaboration to understand more about local and international history and it may strengthen global ties among youth to create better international relationships through exchange of written researched material by students.
Project language(s): English or any other language as per cultural context
Curriculum area: History, Language, Art, ICT
Names/email of initial participating groups:*20 students of class III (age group 8-9) *20 students of class IV (age group 9-10) * 20 students of class V (age group 10-11) email@example.com
Name of facilitator:Nazima Jabeen
Email of facilitator: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com Session Strand (use the "tag"): 2012Curricular, 2012FutureTeachers/Preservice, 2012NewTechnologies, 2012ProfessionalDevelopment, 2012Students, 2012Teachers Link to the GlobalEducationConference.com website Session Proposal (full URL with http://): "http://www.globaleducationconference.com/forum/topics/project-open... Other Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: http://beaconhousennp1.wordpress.com/iearn-projects/my-birthday-a-h... Your Bio: I have multiple roles of school head, IT ambassador and teacher. I am a post graduate in Sociology and have diploma in teaching with technology. With 7 years of teaching experience; this is my 6th year with Beaconhouse School System and I have been on training for effective use of ICT in teaching and learning since then. I have attended various workshops on teaching with ICT. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Booking made at 8/30/12 11:53 PM Ref: KXQX-QPFX-SHWE IP address: 188.8.131.52 YCBM link ref: TPoUzAYzeGy8MdoUeuX9